Do you rescue?

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Baby Borrowers- Animal Creulty

The episode won't be up much longer on Hulu but I still wanted to write about it.

I am appalled and disgusted.

The episode in question is Episode 4 of Season 1. The clip is about 6 minutes in.
Here's a screen shot:



I've sent an email to NBC. It is absolutely unacceptable that they showed even a feeder rat in that kind of condition. There is NO EXCUSE for this. That rat can't even turn around, and seemingly it was in that for more than a day or so. This is animal creulty, and no one even notices, they're too busy getting squeamish over the fact it's a rat.

Frankly, I'm horrified they let that air. It's not the live feeding that irks me, (though I'm a totaly advocate for humanely raised f/t) but the inhumane conditions they are keeping it in prior to feeding. Unacceptable, as by law even feeders require humane treatment prior to being fed.

I let them know that depending on their response I'd be talking to the ASPCA. I took screen shots and am perfectly able to create a campaign. If you have a moment email them and let them know your thoughts on the matter too.

No comments:

About Me

I am a private rodent rescuer who believes that the rescuing community needs to come together and define common values. Their should be a stronger focus on educating ignorant owners than on snark. The opinions expressed in the blog are my own and not necessarily rules. They are what I live by. If what I say pisses you off feel free to discuss in the comments.